child support

Related Topics


The party against whom the cause of action is being brought.

Question: To Lawyers: Is there a juristiction in the US where a plaintiff in Small Claims can have a surrogate speak? I'd like to know if there is any juristiction anywhere in the US where a plaintiff in a Small Claims action can appoint a surrogate - who is NOT an attorney - to speak on their behalf?

Answer: You can grant ANYONE a 'Power of Attorney'. That enables them to act on your behalf in ANY capacity that YOU can legally act. This is true EVERYWHERE in the US. The attorneys need to 'think outside the box' on occasion. Then again, that would ruin the 'legal monopoly' they have enacted into law.


Defendant Related Products and News

Daily Mail

FBI invents fake defendant to catch 'corrupt' judge
New York Post

Swap meet murder defendant released

Victorville Daily Press
VICTORVILLE ? Prosecutors have dismissed the case against a fourth defendant charged with killing a 58-year-old swap meet shop owner during a robbery in 2012, but they have not ruled out re-filing charges amid an ongoing investigation. Four days after ...

Minnesota's oldest murder defendant, 84, dies days before sentencing Press
Pang Se Vang of Maplewood pleaded guilty Aug. 7, 2014, in Ramsey County District Court to killing his 36-year-old son, Chue Vang, on March 24, 2014, at their home. (Photo courtesy Ramsey County sheriff's office). The oldest person believed charged with ...

United States of America, Plaintiff v. Eugene Gourevitch, Defendant, 12-CR-758 ...

New York Law Journal (registration)
On February 18, 2014, defendant Eugene Gourevitch pleaded guilty to Count Three of the superseding information, charging wire fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. 1343. Dkt. #19. On June 16, 2014, this court sentenced Gourevitch to a 63-month term of ...

News & Observer

Rabah Samara, former defendant in UNC broadcaster's death, pleads guilty to ...
News & Observer

Defendant's mental health an issue in murder case

Rapid City Journal
The man who was found dead early Sunday was either beaten to death or strangled to death, according to preliminary autopsy results. Read more · Teen charged with murder pleads not guilty by insanity. The 18-year-old Rapid City man accused of brutally ...

Burlington Times News

Jury selection goes amiss for last Dixon defendant
Burlington Times News

Boston Herald

DA: Sex assault defendant's dad misled police
Daily Item

Judge orders shooting defendant back to hospital

Bellingham Herald
ST. HELENS, Ore. ? Nearly four years after the Rainier, Oregon, police chief was fatally shot, a judge has ordered the man charged in the case sent back to Oregon State Hospital to be forcibly medicated. The Oregonian reports ( ...

Bakersfield Now

Crisp, Cole defendant convicted at trial gets 3 years in prison
Bakersfield Now